Here are a few changes we’d like to highlight and important dates regarding your 2020 tax return. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 250-656-1107 or email email@example.com if you have any questions you’d like to discuss.
- February 28, 2022: T4 and T5 slips should be mailed by this date
- March 1, 2022: RRSP Contribution deadline
- March 31, 2022: T3 Investment slips should be mailed no later than
- April 30, 2022: Personal Tax Return filing deadline
- April 30, 2022: Personal Taxes owing and GST are due
- Download the Personal Tax Organizer Checklist (.pdf)
- T1135 Foreign Property Reporting form has changed, if applicable ask your investment advisor for a summary for 2021
- Consider getting your medical providers to provide annual summaries of amounts paid during the year 2021
- To save us bothering you later, please include all receipts for deductions like moving expenses, donations and medical costs because Canada Revenue Agency often requests to see these receipts.
- It is very important to not miss any slips so we can avoid penalties. Consider asking your investment advisor to provide you with copies of all T3’s or T5’s if you think some might be missing.